- Information we collectInformation collected automatically: When you use Seeker, we automatically collect and store information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information includes:
- Your mobile device’s unique ID number
- Your mobile device’s geographic location while the app is actively running
- Your computer’s IP address
- Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system)
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.)
- The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to one of our sites
- The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any)
- How long you used Seeker and which services and features you used
- The online or offline status of Seeker
Information you choose to provide:In order to register, you will be asked to sign-in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, including information about your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with otherSeeker users. By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we will obtain and share your name and a profile picture, as well as the name and profile picture of your Facebook friends who are common Facebook friends with other Seeker users in your network or geolocation.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable screens or pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
You may also (but are not required to) provide information about yourself (such as your gender, location, URL, or a biography). Any additional image or information you provide may be publicly displayed. If you wish, we will delete your account information; to do so, please close your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about others:We may collect and store personal information about other people that is available to us through your Facebook login, namely the name and picture of certain of your Facebook friends as follows: we will only share this information with other Seeker users who are already friends with your Facebook friend and who already have access to such information.
- How we use your informationWe use your information to provide and improve our services, award loyalty points to you, make special offers, customize services for you, better understand our users, diagnose and fix problems, and sell and display offers and ads that may be relevant to you.
Geo-location-information:While the Seeker application is in use, we keep track of your device’s geographic location so that we can connect you to other Seeker users based on your particular geographic location.
- Use of your information by othersWe may share user information with other companies for various reasons as described below. What information we make available to other companies depends on the nature of our relationships with them. We generally require these other companies to keep our users’ information confidential.
Service Providers: We may share all of the types of information we collect with vendors who provide services to us.
Advertisers: To the extent we display advertising on Seeker, we may allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your mobile device (including mobile device IDs), activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you.
Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users’ computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our sites and apps are being used. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs, as described in the paragraph below (“Mobile device IDs”). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Mobile device IDs: In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of our application, we may store your mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer) when you use the Seeker application. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
What we don’t share: We do not provide third parties with your name, address, email address, or phone number.
Aggregated Information: We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as the total number of our users and their overall demographics.
Legal matters: We may disclose any information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
- Children’s privacyWe do not allow persons under 13 to register for any service, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13.